USER GROWTH REGIONAL LEAD
Description du poste
_The problem:_ In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
_How we're solving it:_ We're building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always function, we're creating financial infrastructure that "just works." In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments; we're now processing over 200k payments every month. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent, starting with Senegal and then Ivory Coast. That's where you come in…
*How you'll help us achieve it*
We’re looking for a User Growth Regional Lead who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for managing product roll-outs and supervising user growth activities throughout our field locations as we rapidly scale our business in Ivory Coast.
In this role, you'll:
* Manage a team of supervisors who in turn manage field-based promoters, whose role is to recruit new users to our financial products
* Identify and find solutions to critical blockers for user growth and maintain active usage of our financial products in assigned areas
* Develop strategies to boost the retention of newly acquired users
* Hire, train and manage distribution team members and build systems to rapidly scale distribution as needed
* Build the roadmap for the distribution team in your area to achieve its quarterly key objectives, including iterating on strategy and grow our customer base day after day within an assigned region of Ivory Coast
* Use data to make decisions on distribution strategies and monitor performance of your team
* Work closely with the agent team to align key objectives and operationalize strategies
* Help to develop Wave’s distribution strategy by sharing insights and learning from the team’s experience
* Lead by living Wave's values, and ensure they're deeply engrained within your team.
Profil du poste
* Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast or other region. Willingness to relocate to other regions for 2-3 month periods is required.
* Work authorization in Ivory Coast required
* Speak and write French; Dioula is a plus.
* Proficient in English – this role will interact regularly with non-French speakers, and reporting will be done primarily in English.
* At least 2 years of relevant work experience specifically managing field teams or user acquisition teams based in the field
* At least 1 year’s experience designing strategies for user acquisition for a telecom, payment service provider, FMCG or financial institution
* At least 1 year’s experience managing large teams (50+ people)
*You might be a good fit if you*
* Have planned and successfully managed customer acquisition strategies for mobile/financial products before.
* Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of overcommunication.
* Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
* Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
* Enjoy owning projects – you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
* Willing to go the distance to get something done.
* Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
* Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating excel and onboarding to new tools.
* Have team work spirit
* We have a Country Office in Ivory Coast with about 100 people. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
* We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
Dossiers de candidature
How to apply
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here : https://boards.greenhouse.io/waveci/jobs/5010822002