Description du poste
ONE (01) ASSISTANT REGIONAL SECURITY MANAGER (ARSM)
The position will be based in one of CARE West Africa's country offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Assistant Regional Security Manager under supervision of Regional Security Manager (RSM) is mainly responsible for assisting CARE Country Offices (COs) within the West Africa Region in the implementation of staff safety and security protocols and procedures. This will include, but not be limited to, promoting staff safety and security awareness, professional approaches, preparedness, and management, in support of program implementation.
S/he will work in conjunction with Country Office Safety and Security (SS) Managers (SSM), Advisors (SSA), Officers (SSO), Focal Points (SSFP) and Country Directors (CD) in ensuring a consistently acceptable standard of risk management to minimize the likelihood and impact of potential threats.
The Assistant Regional Security Manager is subject to frequent deployment to any location in West Africa, including insecure high-risk locations, to assist in addressing security and safety concerns, assist in developing appropriate plans and/or provide technical assistance.
The Assistant Regional Security Manager will assist the RSM in coordinating and consolidating reports, returns and other deliverables such as, but not exclusive to, the Monthly Security Report, SIMSon Reports, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) compliance updates and their associated components/outputs and parts of the CSU WARMU budget tracking.
The Assistant Regional Security Manage will act for the RSM in her/his absence
In accordance with its management policies, CARE International Côte d'Ivoire does not use recruitment or placement agencies that charge candidates fees of any kind. We also grant equal rights to employment opportunities at CARE based on merit and without any form of distinction based on sex, race, color, religion or sexual orientation.
In accordance with CARE International Côte d'Ivoire's policies, any form of material or other resource assistance to an individual or organization that advocates for, plans, supports, engages or has engaged in an act of prostitution or terrorism is strictly prohibited as well as any form of sexual harassment, exploitation, sexual abuse and rude conduct or any form of aggressive acts.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Regional Manager, and in accordance with CARE's Vision, Mission and Core Values, the incumbent will specifically perform the following key duties and responsibilities:
1. Support to Country Office (CO) Safety and Security Staff
- Assist CO Safety and Security staff in developing contextual understanding of their areas of operations as guided by the RSM.
- Assist CO Safety and Security staff in preparing, conducting, and reporting risk assessments and analysis.
- Monitor proper implementation of the Safety and Security Management Plans (SSMPs) including Contingency Plans (CPs)
- Assist CO Safety and Security staff to prepare for major events and critical incidents or crisis where SS is concerned.
- Assist CO SS staff to organize and facilitate SS awareness training for staff members.
2. Procedures and protocols
- Using CARE Safety and Security Key Performance Indicators and other tools, monitor that CARE SS protocols and operating procedures are in place, are up to date and are being used. Advise CO SS staff and RSM of any gaps.
- Monitor that effective communications and equipment are properly used and are following international and CARE SS protocols.
- Monitor that SS protocols are followed and respected by all staff members especially regarding travel, medical and personal safety.
- Report any non-compliance or deviation to CO SS staff, CD and RSM.
3. Critical incidents
- Provide guidance to CO SS staff in updating information on SS situation to the CD and RSM and monitor closely any potential risk to the staff or assets of CARE.
- Assist in emergency evacuation in any of the CARE offices if in potential danger.
- Advise CO SS staff and CDs on appropriate action during a critical incident.
- Assist in investigation of SS incidents where any CARE member may be involved.
- Deploy to the CO if needed to help manage the critical incident.
4. Communication and reporting
- Advise CO Safety and Security staff on situational report and assessment formats and procedures.
- Monitor that CO SS staff submit regular reports such as Monthly Security Report. The ARSM is responsible for consolidating the MSR for the region and presenting it to the RSM, on time for approval and submission to the CSU.
- Communicate SS-related information updates and/or alerts to CO SS staff.
- The Assistant Regional Security Manager will ensure that incident reports including SIMSon and other security reports generated in WARMU are within CI standard.
- Monitor the Travel Restrictions on CI Safety and Security Portal and make updates in consultation with COs if expired or if there are any significant events.
- Maintain the WARMU section of the CSU on-line data base (Archer) and other tools.
5. Safety and Security Logistics, Budgets and Training
- Monitor any gap in logistic support and advise CO Safety and Security staff and the CD/SMT on appropriate action.
- Advise CO SS staff on Budgeting for Security tools and procedures at project and CO levels.
- Monitor cost effectiveness and efficiency regarding Safety and Security logistics.
- Provide and participate in safety and security training and as part of CSU. Training may include ? security awareness, HEAT, SRT, First Aid (TMAT), crisis management, SSFP orientation and any other training that might be required.
6. Representation, Coordination and Consolidation
- The Assistant Regional Security Manager will assure that visitor and new arrival orientation and briefings, are updated and according to CI standards.
- The Assistant Regional Security Manager will act as the CSU WARMU main point of contact in the absence of the RSM.
Profil du poste
? University degree. Education qualification may be relaxed for experienced candidates.
? Two years? experience at a similar position.
? Evidence of professional skills development within, Security, crisis, and Risk Management field
? Language Skills: Excellent in written and oral English and French.
? Computer Skills: Basic knowledge and operation skill in word processor and internet connectivity
? Master?s degree in a relevant security discipline or international development
? Specific NGO security training (eg. RedR Security Management HEAT, Risk Management or similar training). Qualification as a trainer in safety and security).
? Safety and security management ? information collection, investigations, analysis, assessments and reporting
Dossiers de candidature
The incumbent reports directly to the Regional Security Manager. The position will be based in one of CARE West Africa's country offices.
The incumbent may be assigned wherever CARE is required to achieve the objectives of the engagement.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application files with the mention "ASSISTANT REGIONAL SECURITY MANAGER" containing a cover letter + salary claim, a Curriculum Vitae, contacts, and email addresses of three references to the following email address: [email protected]