SAVE THE CHILDREN
SAFETY AND SECURITY COORDINATOR, ABIDJAN
To manage the safety and security of all Save the Children staff, ensuring that all global policies and procedures are systematically applied across the country programme. This will include ongoing threat assessment and advising on risk management; the maintenance of appropriate guidelines; and ensuring that field working practices are robust and that all staff are aware of, trained in, and adhere to these policies and procedures. Integral to the posting is the ability to work successfully with field teams to cultivate capacity and motivation, thereby ensuring field-based responsibility for security analysis and management.
Your support in the delivery of an effective security function will play a key role in the smooth and safe running of Save the Children’s programmes to enable positive change for children.
Qualifications and experience
Minimum 3 years practical field experience in security management/leadership role (e.g. military, police, or direct INGO security management) in challenging or insecure environments, with sound knowledge of personnel and organisational security issues, threat/risk assessment, security management and awareness;
- Experience of incident reporting and mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, the establishment and execution of a incident warning systems, and the compilation of security reports and assessments;
- Track record of training, managing and developing staff in safety and security principles and procedures;
- Ability to accurately read and navigate using 1:50000 maps and plot GPS coordinates, and technical competency and training experience in field-based communications systems such as HF Codan, Motorola VHF, Thuraya, satellite and internet systems;
- Ability to assess and manage security situations and to develop personal security and evacuation procedures;
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of security within the programme and ensuring the most effective support to line management;
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- A formal security qualification or appropriate security management training;
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
Contract length: 12 months renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Cloture : 17/05/2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.