INFORMATION MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Are you an Information Management (IM) professional in search of a rewarding role in an international organisation? We have an opportunity for you! The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) seeks to recruit an Information Management Coordinator (IMCo) to be based in Abidjan, with oversight of 6 countries: Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Mali, Central African Republic, Sénégal and Togo.
ICRC works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
About the Role
The IMCo works under the leadership of the Regional Head of IM based in Dakar and is responsible for enforcing, advising, assessing information access and knowledge needs, analysing problematics and proposing fit solutions and accompanying colleagues in mastering information acquisition. The holder of this position will work closely with various departments e.g. data protection and ICT to drive and implement the delegation IM strategy for the abovementioned countries. Responsible for a team of 5-7 people (both local and international staff), the IMCo provides plans of actions to improve the IM situation and also ensures that IM team members in the covered region are adequately trained and their competencies developed. The IMCo is required to travel regularly (80% of working time is spent abroad). Additionally, this position supports information management in emergency situations; meaning travelling on short notice during a rapid deployment.
The IMCo holds the following responsibilities:
- Is the reference person for the Executive/Assistant & IM Officer (E/AIMO), the management and Coordinators for any IM-related matters.
- Together with each department, delegation or sub-site, reviews the IM processes and knowledge needs to improve management of information (documents collaboration, mobility tools, access rules, information handling, data protection and information security).
- Develops internal collaboration with various positions such as data managers and ICT to ensure successful application of IM principles.
- In partnership with different departments and the Data Protection Office's representatives, IMCo addresses questions on IM practices ensuring coherence in IM practices in covered delegation offices.
- Coordinates and implements IM guidelines and practices ensuring they are adhered to in accordance with the internal working policy.
- Provides contextualised advise to managers on local security conditions relating to processing, storage and access to information.
- Researches and develops ICRC's information security and proper record management in an increasingly digitalised environment.
- Proposes and implements solutions to improve the management of information life cycle particularly the capture of all records that are relevant for the ICRC.
- Contributes to the global regional thinking and orientations regarding strategies and tools for IM.
- In collaboration with the E/AIMO defines and implements a strategy to ensure full coverage across all sites in the region focusing on IM processes, tools and setup as needed.
- Acts as functional/technical supervisor for the E/AIMO by ensuring consistency in the performance and skills of assistants and providing training/coaching to equip them for new responsibilities.
- Organises sessions to explain IM strategies and principles to managers and assistants ensuring that they are understood. IMCo also supports the E/AIMO in the implementation of the adapted solutions to deploy IM policies, rules, processes, guidelines and tools to accompany the change management processes.
How Success will Look Like
As IMCo, you will be successful when:
- Managers, coordinators, E/AIMO and end-users understand why information needs to be managed and organized as well as the benefit to embrace changes in terms of practices.
- Users comply with IM rules and guidelines.
- There are clear links to information security, data protection/management ensuring better acquisition of the ICRC’s information and knowledge within delegations for use in decision-making and to conduct operational activities.
Required Profile and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IM, or other related fields
- Certified Information Professional (CIP) certification from the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM)
- 10-12 years of confirmed practical IM experience
- Experience working in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Experience in team leadership and change management
- Fluent command of English
- Computer proficiency (soft & hard skills)
What we offer
We offer an open-ended contract for this position. By joining us, you will benefit from a rewarding work experience in a humanitarian and multicultural environment, generous social benefits including but not limited to medical cover, paid leave, a competitive salary and multiple training opportunities!
- Starting date: January 2022
- Location: Abidjan
How to apply
We invite qualified candidates to apply by submitting a comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: [email protected] by 28 th December, 2021. Kindly quote the position title in the email subject and attention to Human Resources Department.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.