PERSEUS MINING YAOURE S.A
Description du poste
1. Position purpose
The incumbent will lead the geotechnical engineering function at Yaoure mining operations by providing technical expertise, training, systems, and analytical functionality to each operation. It will be incumbent on the employee to set up enduring and sustainable practices through training and mentoring.
He will also lead the development and implementation of safe, sound, systematic and cost-effective geotechnical processes across the operations in Geotechnical Engineering and de-risk the operations from geotechnical failures.
Major tasks and responsibilities of position
• Lead the geotechnical engineering component of mining operations by providing technical support to the mining team, enhancing skills development and succession planning.
• Communicate with all stakeholders to ensure controls are effectively managed and adhered to.
• Develop and control the wall stability monitoring and remediation functions across Yaoure and Sissingué.
• Ensure Budgets and personnel are in place to deliver the agreed strategy
• Lead the identification and implementation of operational improvements in geotechnical engineering
• Lead the geotechnical function at Yaoure and Sissingué to ensure geotechnical outcomes are consistently delivered and technical issues are resolved promptly
• Ensure the geotechnical standards are completed to a technical standard sufficient to comply with JORC and NI43-101 requirements
• Ensure an appropriate staffing and resources are in place at each site to safely deliver mining operations.
• Assist in the development of the Business Growth strategy.
• Ensure that standard processes and systems are in place to deliver satisfactory geological outcomes, including QA/QC and resource estimation as applied to mining operations.
• Periodical site reporting as required.
• All slope failures to be reported and a formal process to be in place for escalation.
• Lead the annual audit review in conjunctions with the Group Technical Services Teams
• Ensure training and development of geotechnical personnel is carried out.
Profil du poste
2. Position Requirements:
• Postgrad in rock mechanics or geotechnical engineering.
• Minimum of five years Mine Geotechnical experience
• Bachelor) degree or equivalent diploma qualification in in Geology, Geotech or Mining Engineering.
• Good understanding of Geological activities associated with all mining and exploration activities.
• Work in adverse climatic conditions such as heat, rain, mud, dust often encountered in the pit. Attention to detail, particularly recording data with minimal errors.
• Fluent French & English
• Relevant geotechnical experience in the open pit mining industry.
• Expertise in the systematic completion of technical studies.
• Experience in managing teams of people.
• Experience with setting up geotechnical processes and systems to effectively manage geotechnical risk on mines, Experience with radars and slope stability monitoring
• Experience with industry standard analytical software (dips, slide etc.)
• Creation of a Ground Control Management Plan
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated experience in process, planning, management, and leadership.
• Strong technical and analytical orientation.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the business (internal and external)
• Inquisitive with a solution-oriented personality.
• Excellent relationship building and leadership skills, including mentoring of team members
• Proficiency in the use of one mining package to high level
• Honest, diligent, and enthusiastic.
• Self-motivator and setting of stretched targets
• Be dynamic
• Be able to work under pressure in a frequent changing environment
• Takes ownership of a task and sees it through to completion
• Continually strive for self-improvement
Dossiers de candidature
All qualified and interested employees should send their CVs to
. The deadline of submission is September 30th, 2021 at 10:00 am.
Please specify in subject “Geotechnical Superintendent”