SENIOR LEGAL LAND ADVISOR/DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY – COTE D’IVOIRE IMPROVING LAND ACCESS FOR WOMEN ACTIVITY
Description du poste
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Senior Legal Land Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party position on a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Côte d’Ivoire.
Project Summary: The goal of this project is to increase social cohesion, reduce land conflicts and economically empower women to contribute to their communities by strengthening their legal access to land in Northern and Western Côte d'Ivoire. This is expected to be a full-time position based in Abidjan.
Profil du poste
* Support the Chief of Party (COP) in the management of this project
* Provide technical legal advice on women’s access to land tenure
* Provide managerial leadership as Deputy Chief of Party to the project
* Oversee the administration of the project supporting the COP’s efforts
* Master’s degree or higher in Law, Political Science, International Relations, or another related field;
* A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience with women legal empowerment/women empowerment in the developing world with demonstrated experience in project planning, team leadership, administrative management, and financial oversight skills;
* A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a Legal Advisor role demonstrating deep knowledge on women access to land and women land rights;
* Demonstrated women legal empowerment working experience in West Africa including francophone countries;
* Demonstrated technical experience in community awareness raising and community mobilization;
* Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining
partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government
counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Experience working and/or living in Côte d’Ivoire preferred;
* Professional-level fluency in English and French is required.
Dossiers de candidature
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/ILAWLegalDCOP
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.