THE RAINFOREST ALLIANCE
INTERN IN COMMUNICATION
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Rainforest Alliance Cote d’Ivoire seeks to hire a dynamic and creative Communications Intern who is also eager to continuous learning and development. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference in the world towards a sustainable future.
As part of the Rainforest Alliance Cote d’Ivoire, the Communications Intern will support in co-developing and executing the communications strategy for the country, in close collaboration with both the regional team and the international communications team. The Intern will be also responsible for developing materials that support branding and identification of Rainforest Alliance activities.
The ideal candidate is a digital content enthusiast, with strong writing and design skills, and demonstrated interest and/or experience in sustainability issues.
- Support the development and implementation of the communications strategy for Cote d’Ivoire taking into consideration the Certification program and various other programs including deforestation, living income, child labor among others;
- Storytelling: Identify positive project impact stories on the ground, write articles that can be used on Rainforest Alliance’s global communications channels as well as for local media;
- Social platforms & communication materials: Help create social media posts for Facebook, and WhatsApp groups;
- Events: Support Teams in organizing project events; workshops, conferences; Help plan and prepare Rainforest Alliance’s participation in important events (eg. SARA, JNCC, etc.), and
- Support the administration staff, including the country director, in some secretariat tasks related to both internal and external communications.
WHAT CAN THE CANDIDATE EXPECT FROM THE ORGANIZATION?
- Have the chance to build marketing and communications skills through hands-on experience within a cross-functional team;
- Be part of a dynamic team from whom the candidate can learn a lot, and
- Evolve in a both challenging and exciting working environment that allows growth and innovation.
- Degree in Communications or related discipline;
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience on similar assignments in journalism and/or development sphere;
- Verbal and written fluency in French (English is a plus);
- Eager to continuously learn and develop;
- Digital content enthusiast;
- Strong writing and design skills;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in sustainability issues;
- Excellent communication and social media skills;
- Highly motivated, self-directed storyteller who can identify compelling angles on the ground and proactively pitch stories to internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent photography/ video skills;
- Must be confident in interviewing and speaking with people to gain testimonials and insights;
- Ability to travel to the inside-country, as and when required (up to 20% of the working time).
Only candidates authorized to work in Côte d’Ivoire will be considered
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in Brazil will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: [email protected]