We are currently seeking to engage an experienced and highly motivated Contracts Manager to join our team in Abidjan for our Gold Mine Project in Seguela, Côte d’Ivoire.
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, this role is a key member of Project team. The Contracts Manager will ensure that each contract is properly monitored, and all deliverables are met according to the agreed upon terms. Responsible for every phase of the contract lifecycle after the contract has been drafted, negotiated, signed, and transitioned from the contract administration team. He may be called upon to lead in the development, evaluation and execution of contracts pertaining to all stages of mining projects. This will require identifying opportunities and understanding risks to successfully negotiate capital and service contracts for Roxgold. Additionally, the successful candidate will also oversee the bidding process acting as the primary Roxgold contact to potential vendors. Finally, the Contracts Manager will coordinate with key government stakeholders ensuring Roxgold understands contract requirements as they pertain to local and federal laws, including leading his team and working with other departments with a culture of integrity, excellence, teamwork, responsibility, commitment and caring to achieve the social responsibility and sustainability goals set by the company.
This is an 18-month fixed term position, located in Abidjan or Project site, the work rotation is 5/2 or 15/6 adapted according to the needs of the service on mine site.
- Hold high level degree (BAC+4/5) in Law or equivalent,
- Have at least 10 years of experience in managing a contract department;
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a mining company or the industrial sector;
- Have at least 4 years of experience in a management position;
- A technical background e.g., engineering or mining industry is considered an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience with communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time management with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and the ability to optimize the contract management process for greater efficiency
- A strong background in risk management
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Adobe Acrobat
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills (English and French are essential).
Send your CV to [email protected] with the subject heading “ Contracts Manager ". Written applications can be addressed to the HR Service or to our office located at Abidjan, “Cocody 2 plateaux les Vallons 6è Tranche,”. All applications must be received by 10 sept 2021 .